Right this is me setting up my blog, in this I have a few ideas, and am planing to use this blog to put some of my ideas together, and engage with others over what I am writing and thinking.
So here is a list of the ideas that I plan to develop:
- Can different levels of participation in the Mystery be sustained along side each other?
- Along side this are different levels of participation in the Mystery equally valid expression of faith?
- Has the “Protestant” drive towards equality pushed more to the margins?
- Do we need support from a self sustaining core, that then supports wider work? (cf “Celtic Monastic Missions”; “Minsters”; “Town Church & Village Chapel”; “Society & Class”)
- Does a sense of awe need to be brought back, to develop the idea of Mystery as a metaphor for understanding faith, and recapturing the historical meaning of mystery.
- Who’s hope, who gives it and who pronounces it? (cf committal prayer and how it works with those who are unchurched)
- Granting a language to articulate the spiritual and supernatural, where the church lost it’s and “Oc-culture” stepped in
So I plan to develop my thinking around these questions and other. There is an underlying theme of these being theological and in part tied to the role of Christian Faith, as this is where I am coming from, and make a deliberate choice to discus from there. However ideas from others sources are more than welcome.
Also all the views here are mine, and many of the ideas are underdevelopment